Why become a Councillor?
There are many good reasons you may choose to become a Councillor. These include:-
- wanting to make a difference and be involved in shaping the future of the local community
- being concerned about your local area and wanting to ensure that the community gets the right services
- wanting to represent the views of local people and ensure that community interests are taken into account
- wanting to contribute your business or professional skills
- concerns about one particular issue
- as an extension of what you are already doing through a charity, voluntary group or school governing body – becoming a councillor can be the next step.
The Parish Council meets usually once a month. This is normally the first Monday of the month, unless that is a bank holiday or there are other reasons we need to change it. Outside of meetings, you may get involved in helping with a project or need to take a look at a site to aid you with your decision making at the Council meeting.
Are you interested in taking up a vacancy?
If so, please feel free to call the Clerk, Suzanne, or one of the Councillors for a chat if you would like. See our contact page.
Alternatively, you can email the clerk on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please be sure to register your interest by March 25th. The vacancy will be filled on 4th April.
If there is more than one applicant, then we will need to hold interviews. In that instance, the co-option dates will need to be put back to allow time for them.