Serving the Community
Newbald Parish Council is here to serve the community of Newbald. We are a very active Council seeking to preserve and enhance the character and community spirt of our picturesque village. Aside from our statutory and maintenance duties, here are some of the activities that we are currently involved in:
- Managing the Sober Hill Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund
- Exploring the feasibility of creating a country park and nature reserve in the village
- Looking at ways to calm the traffic that goes through the village
- Working with ERYC, Yorkshire Water, WWSFT and other parish councils to fight flooding
- Securing grants to plant trees and bee friendly plants throughout the village
- Running a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme and setting up cold calling zones.
Subscribe to Newbald News
Subscribe to the Newbald email service to keep updated on the latest news, events and information.
Hall Farm Planning Application
The application for 5 new houses on the Hall Farm site has been approved.
Working For Newbald
Community Led Plan
Developed after extensive consultation, this document sets out the future direction for our village as requested by villagers.
Newbald Community Fund
NPC campaigned hard to secure this community fund from Sober Hill Wind Farm Developers Ltd. It benefits good causes solely in Newbald.
Read more and how to apply
Keeping Newbald Safe
NPC manages a parish wide Neighbourhood Watch scheme to help keep us all safer. Let us know if you see/hear anything suspicious.
Find out more
NPC manages Newbald cemetery which is located on the A1034 opposite Healan Ingredients. Contact us for prices and to find out more about our memorial plaque service.
NPC secured grants to install 2 life saving defibrillators in the village, one in North Newbald and one in South Newbald.
Newbald in the Press
Sewage and flooding problems in Newbald hit the headlines in the articles below.
The Yorkshire Post sums up Newbald in this article from December 2019.
KCOM connects houses to superfast broadband after appeal by residents and NPC