Serving the Community
Newbald Parish Council is here to serve the community of Newbald. We are a very active Council seeking to preserve and enhance the character and community spirt of our picturesque village. Aside from our statutory and maintenance duties, here are some of the activities that we are currently involved in:
- Managing the Sober Hill Wind Farm Community Benefit Fund
- Exploring the feasibility of creating a Mental Health country park in the village
- Looking at ways to calm the traffic that goes through the village
- Working with ERYC, Yorkshire Water, WWSFT and other parish councils to fight flooding
- Securing grants to plant trees and bee friendly plants throughout the village
- Running a Neighbourhood Watch Scheme and setting up cold calling zones.